Just look at that burger, my friends. She is no ordinary concoction, I can promise you that…:)
This beauty is loaded down with pastrami and grilled onions so flavorful, they just might knock your socks off. Seriously. Right off, my onion loving friends. (If you don’t care for onions, please avert your eyes and your taste buds for that matter. Also, if your hatred for onions is severe, please click here to view a chocolate concoction that is bound to remedy the eye candy situation at hand). For those of you who love a great grilled onion, keep scrolling to find out how to make them. Please also be aware that the pastrami and grilled onions are not this burgers only wonderful features.
The secret to this fantastic burger is in the sauce, as they say. This killer sauce really sends these burgers over the top! For the burgers you see here, I grilled frozen hamburger patties (from Costco) that I sprinkled with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. However, if you would like to use fresh ground beef, I recommend using the recipe found HERE.
Pastrami Burgers with Killer Burger Sauce
3 medium sized yellow onions
1 Tb butter
1 Tb olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tb A1 sauce
dash garlic salt
3/4 C mayonnaise
4 Tb Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1 Tb ketchup
4 Tb sweet relish
salt and pepper to taste
8 hamburger patties (frozen patties, or see the recipe link above)
Worcestershire sauce (if using frozen patties)
8 hamburger buns
8 slices provolone cheese
1. Slice the onions into rings.
2. Heat a large, deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add the butter and oil and allow them to get nice and hot. Be careful not to let the butter become brown and burn. You just want he butter to melt and incorporate a bit with the oil.
3. Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent.
4. Add the soy sauce, A1 sauce and garlic salt. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
1. Combine all sauce ingredients together, stirring well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Grill the burgers over an open flame grill. If you are using frozen patties, sprinkle them with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
2. Lay all of the burger components (including the grilled onions and burger sauce) out on the counter so your family (or guests!) can assemble their burger to their own liking.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe inspired by Mary Ehrhart and Erin Jepsen (my cute sisters in law)