Healthy Yogurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake is quick, easy and freezer friendly breakfast idea. No mixer required!!! Made with old fashioned rolled oats, whole wheat flour, honey, Greek yogurt and lots of blueberries, this breakfast cake is so moist and soft and bursting with juicy blueberry flavor. Since it’s blueberry season you should try these Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping, too.
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
If you are searching for delicious, refreshing and easy breakfast idea, this Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe will soon become your favorite breakfast recipe keeper! However, fresh, homemade cake loaded with blueberries, made with wholesome healthy ingredients is perfect way to start a day. Moreover, you can make this cake ahead and grab a slice or two on busy mornings.
Anyway, it’s perfect, healthy homemade breakfast. Although not too sweet, this juicy blueberry cake is very satisfying as a dessert, too!
Incredibly moist and soft cake, full of juicy blueberries tastes better than a decadent blueberry muffin from a fancy bakery.
In the first place, the recipe is so simple and easy. And above all, you don’t even need a mixer! Just whisk the batter by hand, pour it in prepared pan and bake.
How to make Healthy Breakfast Cake
First, you’ll need a few, simple, healthy ingredients: old fashioned rolled oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, melted coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk (you can use almond or soy milk, too), eggs, honey (as a natural, unrefined sweetener) and whole pint of fresh blueberries.
To make the cake, whisk wet ingredients and set aside. Then, in a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir to combine. Next, add wet ingredients mixture to dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Finally, gently fold in blueberries, pour the batter in greased 8 x 8 inches pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, slice and enjoy. You can serve this blueberry breakfast cake warm or cold. It’s delicious anyway.
Healthy Yogurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake is quick, easy and freezer friendly breakfast idea. No mixer required!!!
- 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 8 x 8 inches pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. You can line the pan with parchment paper leaving large overhang the sides so you can lift the cake from the pan easily.
- First, in a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Next, in a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla, honey and melted coconut oil.
- Then, add liquid ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Finally, gently fold in blueberries and pour the batter in prepared pan, smooth the top and bake 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top starts browning too quickly, loosely tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer on a rack and cool completely.