Green Chile Turkey Tacos
Change up traditional tacos with these green chili turkey tacos. Flavorful ground turkey with green chiles and chopped olives. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado for an easy 30-minute and one pan dinner!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small white onion (or 1/2 of a large), finely chopped
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (2.25 oz) chopped black olives
- corn taco shells or soft flour tortillas
- shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomato, avocado
- In a large skillet pan cook the ground turkey and white onion over medium high heat until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Drain if needed.
- Add the taco seasoning, green chiles, and black olives into the meat and stir together. Let cook for a few minutes so everything can combine together.
- Serve with flour tortillas or corn taco shells and the taco toppings that you prefer.
If you prefer not to have the chunks of green chilies in the taco meat. Simply blend them up in a blender and then add to the meat mixture.
The ground turkey will also come in a 1.25 lb package and that is what I always use because that’s all my grocery store sells. As long as your ground turkey is between 1 lb and 1.25 lb then you are fine.
Ground turkey does not have much fat but after cooking it you will end up with some liquid. I prefer to drain that. Do whatever you prefer.