Garlic and Herb Cheese Bomb Rolls
1 1/2 C warm water
2 Tb sugar
1 Tb yeast
3 1/2- 4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 Tb butter, softened
1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 30 (1 1/2 inch) pieces
1 C cheddar cheese
3 Tb butter, melted
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer place the warm water, yeast and sugar. Mix for 20 seconds or so to combine. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes, or until it froths up nicely for you.
3. Add the salt and the flour 1 cup at a time, with the mixer on. When the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and forms a nice ball, you have enough flour.
4. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Allow the dough to rest in the bowl for 5 minutes.
6. Spray your counter with cooking spray and set the dough onto it. Cut the dough into 30 pieces with a sharp knife.
7. Spray 2 (9 inch) pie plates with cooking spray.
8. Wrap each piece of dough around a piece of cheese making sure that the entire cheese cube is covered. Place each stuffed roll in the pie tin (about 1/2 inch apart from each other).
9. Mix together the melted butter and garlic salt and brush it over the top of the rolls.
10. Place the pans in the oven and allow the rolls to rise until almost double in size (should only take about 15 minutes).
11. Carefully sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top of the rolls. (I generally leave the pans in the oven and just carefully reach my hand inside).
12. Turn the oven temperature to 350 degrees (leave the pans in the oven) and allow them to bake until golden brown. Usually takes about 15 minutes, depending on fast your oven heats up.
13. Remove the pans from the oven and brush the remaining melted butter mixture over the tops.
Serve and enjoy!