Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken
Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken with golden brown pan-fried chicken thighs and drumsticks in a rich and creamy sauce. This one-skillet chicken dinner is ready in 20 minutes and pairs well with pasta!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken quarters, cut and separate the thighs and drumsticks
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 15 cloves garlic peeled and top trimmed off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Pan dry the chicken on a skillet, skin side down on medium heat until both sides turn crispy and golden brown. Set the chicken aside and discard the oil from the skillet.
- Add the melted butter and to the skillet and add the garlic and saute. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine well. Add the chicken, cayenne pepper, salt and lower the heat to simmer, turning the chicken a couple of times so they are completely cooked through.
- Add the chopped parsley. Stir, turn off the heat and serve immediately with plain spaghetti.