Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are simple and easy recipe for healthy dessert and healthy snack. These irresistible cookies are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and vegan! Healthy oatmeal cookies are great choice for breakfast and delicious idea for lunch box, as well. If you don’t want to turn on your oven, then check these No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups and Chocolate Oatmeal Cups, too.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Since, these cookies are low carb, vegan, dairy, refined sugar and gluten free, they are perfect bite-sized snacks. Oatmeal cookies are delicious base for chewy scoop of smooth peanut butter filling and dark chocolate topping. Whenever you want to indulge yourself and energize as well, grab a few of these irresistible cookies.
If you like these cookies, then make sure to check my recipe for Peanut Butter Granola Cookies, too!
Made with whole ingredients and packed with protein, these cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft, moist and chewy on the inside. Peanut butter filling and chocolate topping takes them over the top. This is delicious way to energize yourself whenever you need it. However, I like to have on hand some of those oatmeal cookies and grab when I need a quick snack.
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free oatmeal cookies are so easy to make, without a lot of dirty dishes. They come together pretty quickly and don’t require any dough chilling! Just whisk dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl, stir these two together and drop a ball of dough on baking sheet. Drop a spoonful of peanut butter on baked cookie and top with melted chocolate.
Made with the simple, whole, healthy ingredients you love, this is the perfect snack, dessert or even breakfast.
You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need more then a batch to bring to gatherings, party or potlucks. Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are also great for holidays. If not before, make them for Christmas, they will look beautiful on the cookie tray.
[pinterest-image message=”Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are simple and easy recipe. Since, these cookies are low carb, vegan, dairy, refined sugar and gluten free, they are perfect bite-sized snacks. #healthysnack #oatmealcookies #vegancookies #glutenfreecookies #cookies” image=”https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Chocolate-Covered-Peanut-Butter-Oatmeal-Cookies-collage2.jpg”]
Craving for more oatmeal recipes !?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies are perfect bite-sized snacks that are also gluten-free, vegan and low carb!
Need a quick and healthy snack? No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups are easy and healthy snack for kids and adults and perfect breakfast to grab and go on busy mornings.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are simple and easy recipe for healthy dessert and healthy snack. These irresistible cookies are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and vegan!
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax
- 6 Tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil- melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter-room temperature
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- First make flax egg. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons warm water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: rolled oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Using medium (1 ½ Tablespoons) cookie scoop drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches space apart. Using a spoon, slightly flatten cookies to desired thickness (They will not spread much during baking) and make a small dent in the center. If the edges crack and fall apart when press the cookie, shape them with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until gets nice golden-brown color and slightly firm to touch. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack and again press each cookie in the center with a spoon to make enough space for peanut butter filling. Cool completely.
- Drop peanut butter on each cookie and slightly spread with a spoon. Transfer the cookies on a rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil and pour over each cookie.