Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
the best chicken cacciatore in a rich and rustic sauce with chicken falling from the bones is a simple Italian comfort dish at its best!
- 6 skinless chicken legs with bone
- Season with salt and pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (more if necessary)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 8 cloves)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (pepper), diced
- 1 small red pepper (pepper), diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 10 oz (300 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of pitted black olives
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley and basil to garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 150 ml of red wine
- 8 oz (820 g) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 oz (200 g) Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan. Fry the onion until it is transparent (about 3-4 minutes), then add it to the garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe was last modified: January 28th, 2020 by