Best Pumpkin And Roasted Garlic Cream – Your family’s favorite food and drink !
Pumpkin and Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce Fettuccine with Grilled Sage-Rubbed Chicken
Yield: Serves about 4
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, slices in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner cutlets
• Olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• Black pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves, plus 1 tablespoon, divided use
• ½ – ¾ package fettuccine (16 ounce package), cooked according to package instructions, and held warm
• Pumpkin & Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce (recipe below)
• Shaved parmesan, for garnish
-Add the chicken cutlets to a medium-sized bowl, and drizzle over a little of the olive oil; add the garlic, a couple of good pinches of salt and black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the chopped sage; using your hands, rub the sage and the seasoning into the chicken, and allow it to marinate for anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of hours.
-Place a grill pan over medium-high heat, and once hot, drizzle in a little oil; add the chicken breasts in (work in batches if necessary) and grill until golden-brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side; allow them to rest on a plate for a few minutes, then slice into strips and hold warm.
-To assemble your pasta, add the cooked fettuccine into the warm Pumpkin & Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce, and using tongs, toss to coat the pasta well; add some of the pasta to a bowl and top with some of the sliced chicken, and garnish with some parmesan shavings and a sprinkle of the remaining sage.
Pumpkin & Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce Ingredients:
• 3 heads garlic
• Olive oil
• Black pepper
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 (15 ounce) cans organic pumpkin (puree)
• 1 ½ tablespoons organic, natural chicken base (I use “Better Than Bouillon”)
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• Pinch salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temp
• ¾ cup half & half, room temp
• ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
-Preheat your oven to 400°.
-Cut the tops off of the heads of garlic; drizzle each with a little oil, plus a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, and wrap each head tightly in a square of foil; roast the garlic heads for 45 minutes.
-Once roasted, unwrap the heads to allow them to cool so that you can handle them; once cooled, squeeze the roasted garlic from the papers, and using your knife or a fork, make a paste out of it; set it aside for a moment.
-Place a large heavy-bottom pan or small pot over medium-low to medium heat, and add in the butter; once melted, add in the pumpkin puree, along with the roasted garlic paste, and stir to combine; allow the mixture become warmed through for a moment or two.
-Next, add in the chicken base, as well as the Italian seasoning, a small pinch of salt and the black pepper, and stir to combine and incorporate.
-Add in the mascarpone cheese, and gently stir that in until it melts into the puree; next, add in the half & half, and stir to blend that in.
-Turn the heat off, and finish the sauce by adding in the grated parmesan, and stir; check your seasoning to see if any additional salt/black pepper is needed.
-Use immediately; or, allow the sauce to cool completely, and then keep in a covered container in the fridge for several days, if making ahead.