This packed potluck favorite includes multiple cheeses, meats, olives, peppers, and more to create a hearty Italian-inspired summer side dish.
FOR THE ANTIPASTO TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD:
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini,
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups mixed pitted olives
- 1 cup (5 ounces) chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup (5 ounces) chopped sopressata
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup (5 ounces) chopped sharp provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 8 whole pepperoncini peppers, optional
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cook the tortellini in salted water according to package instructions, until al dente. Strain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Add the tortellini and remaining pasta salad ingredients to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large jar or blender, combine the dressing ingredients and shake or blend until well-combined. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to evenly distribute. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
ANTIPASTO TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD was last modified: January 5th, 2020 by